We are kicking off the season off with a bang by offering FREE Surfing and SUP lessons for the local community to help you out of lockdown, active and on the water.
It’s been a long lockdown and we know only too well how hard it has been to not have had access to these sorts of experiences. We have missed doing what we do best; teaching people to surf, SUP and Coasteer and putting smiles on people’s faces 🙂
Plus, as there is now a clear link between our mental health and spending time in or on the water – it’s called Blue Health – we wanted to get as many locals, kids and adults back in the water. Check out our recent blog post for more info on Blue Health.
The Freewave team all live in and around Bude, so we want to put back into the community that we love and live in.
We are putting on 5 days of free activities. Yep that is right FREE of charge and no catch!
All we ask is that you share your experience with others, so share a facebook post, tag us on Instagram, tell some friends, when all your up-country mates come down and visit in the summer send them our way to book surf or SUP lessons.
We want to offer the experiences to community groups first, as well as Joe Public within a 10 mile radius from Widemouth Bay. We would also love to treat some key workers such as NHS staff, teachers and care workers. You guys rock!
We hope that running this within the Easter Holidays as well as at the weekends that we will have a range of people able to join us.
Here are the sessions that we are running:
- Sunday 4th April Surfing at Widemouth Bay at 1pm (10 Spaces – 1 space remaining)
- Monday 5th April Stand Up Paddleboarding Lessons at Bude Canal 10am and 2pm (10 Spaces – 1 Space Remaining) and free SUP hire between 12pm-2pm and 4pm-6pm (10 Spaces Remaining)
- Tuesday 6th April Surfing at Widemouth Bay 10am (10 Spaces – 9 Spaces Remaining)
- Saturday 10th April Surfing at Widemouth Bay 2pm (10 Spaces – Fully Booked)
- Sunday 11th April Stand Up Paddleboarding Lessons at Bude Canal 10am and 2pm (10 spaces – Fully booked) and free SUP hire between 12pm-2pm and 4pm-6pm (10 Spaces – 7 Spaces Remaining)
Surfing Lessons – All surfing equipment is provided. All you need to bring with you is a swim suit and a towel and a form of ID to show you live in the ‘hood. Sessions are 2 hours in length.
SUP Lessons – SUP equipment is provided. You will need to bring your own wetsuit (or shorts!) suitable footwear and a form of ID to show you live in the ‘hood.. Sessions are 1.5 – 2 hours in length.
Minimum age is 8 years old for both activities
Get in touch via our contact form or drop us an email to Robin@freewavesurfacademy.co.uk to request your spaces and/or to enquire. Stay updated via our Instagram and Facebook Page
Big Love and see you on the water xx