Welcome to Bude’s first SUP (Paddle Boarding) Club
Join us every Thursday evening for a fun and welcoming paddle boarding (SUP) club on Bude Canal.
Bude SUP (Paddle Boarding) Club sessions will be starting from 14th March 2024. The club will provide the perfect opportunity for you to unwind, have fun, meet people, stay fit, learn a new skill and explore the waterways of Bude.
- Day & Time:
- Thursday 5-6pm (for 12 -16 year olds)
- Thursday 6-7pm (for adults and over 16’s)
- Please meet at Freewave Surf Academy SUP Trailer in The Crescent Overflow Carpark in Bude. Click for Google Map
- £3 per person (if you bring your own equipment)
- £8 per person (includes SUP board and paddle rental)
- First Session is free of charge!
Why choose to come along to a Bude SUP (Paddle Boarding) Club session?
- Connect with other people: Bude has a vibrant and friendly community so our Thursday evening sessions are not just about paddling. They are a fantastic way to meet new people, socialise with friends or connect with like-minded individuals who share a passion for being in and around the water.
- Fitness Fun: Mix up your midweek routine with a great cardio and core activity. Paddle boarding offers a full-body workout that combines strength, balance and cardio. A refreshing and enjoyable way to stay fit and active.
- Get On the Water: Experience the sheer joy of being on the water. Bude Canal provides a serene and backdrop for your paddle boarding. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a first-timer, this club welcomes all skill levels.
What to Expect:
When coming along to one of the sessions you should expect to receive some tuition to help you get on and moving around on the water. A small journey will often take place as well as some games and further tuition to help you learn or improve. We will try and provide an opportunity to use new and different kit as well as to vary the water we paddle on.
What to Bring:
All paddlers will need to bring something to wear on their feet and clothes that you are happy to get wet. A wetsuit is idea but you do get quite warm when paddling so please consider something more light-weight on warmer days. A water bottle is also recommended and any medication that you may need must be brought along.
How to Join:
Ready to dip your paddle boarding toe in? The first session is on us! Whether you have your own gear or need to rent, we’ve got your first session covered.
To Book – Spaces are currently limited to 10 people each week, however this may change over time. If this is your first session please use the Voucher/Promo Code FIRSTSUP when booking your space. Click the button below to book your space.
To Enquire – If you have any questions, please use our contact form or drop us a call.
Sessions are aimed at people living locally, however if their is still availability on the morning of the club session then visitors are welcome to book. SUP qualifications as well as deals on SUP equipment may become available through the club 🙂