Freewave’s Christmas Gift Ideas For Surfers
That time of year is rapidly approaching where we all take a moment to catch up with loved ones, eat far too much and watch movies all day. So, to make your life easier we have created this handy post for Christmas Gift Ideas For Surfers so you can easily find a cool gift for the surfer in your life!
1. Solar panel chargers are the perfect gift for anyone who surfs, loves coasteering or SUPs. A cost-effective and planet-friendly way to charge your phone or camera battery. Some even have enough power to help make a cup of tea! They can be an investment, but this one is great for day trips.
2. We have all seen the issues of plastic for ourselves and, thankfully, reusable cups are a norm now. However, takeaway pots and plastic containers are still an issue, which is why we are huge fans of these metal lunchboxes from Plastic Freedom.
3. Made from recycled cotton, this blanket from Cornish company Atlantic Blankets is perfect for post-surf in winter or having a picnic in summer. It is also in beautiful Freewave blues and turquoise, which is why it caught our eye.
4. Non-toxic, organic and just brilliant, this Manda Sun Paste should be in every surfer’s kit bag. Made with hypoallergenic ingredients like organic shea butter and organic cacao powder, it’s both reef safe and kid safe.
5. We love The Wave. It’s located in Gloucestershire just outside Bristol, and any avid surfer would be stoked to find one of their Gift Vouchers in their Christmas sack. Vouchers can be used for lessons or surf sessions, whatever your ability. You can make a day of it, too, as there are cafes, play areas and outdoor activities. You can even camp!
6. Bummed that you can’t get into the water as much as you’d like? Feel like you need to work on your fitness? Then you or the surfer in your life needs an Indo Board. The goal is to ride the Indo Board as long as possible while keeping the board from touching the ground.
7. With sustainability at its core, the range from Rooted Ocean is simply brilliant. You will never need another rucksack again thanks to their lifetime repair pledge. They look great too, made of cotton canvas in a range of colours.
8. Come on, you knew we had to put it in there somewhere, didn’t you? The best gift you could give this year, probably, is a Freewave Gift Voucher. We have a range of vouchers for surfing and coasteering.
9. If the surfer in your life is getting ear ache or a cold head then a hood could be a great addition to their kit this Christmas.
10. If you know the person you’re buying for has a board (or, let’s face it, probably multiple boards) they love, then why not get them a new fin? Fins help with direction, control and stability. We are loving this one from Zuma Jay.
11. With climate change in sharp focus, we wanted to include a few gifts that aren’t things, like the surf vouchers. We also thought the idea of giving a tree was a great gift and would help, in a tiny way, to tackle climate change. With saplings costing as little as £5 with the National Trust, a tree could be the perfect gift for that person who has everything.
12. Are you even an outdoorsy person if you don’t have a fleecy change robe? We love this one from Northcore Beach Basha Sport – we’ve even put it in our webshop. Yuhuh, that’s right. We have a lil online shop too.
13. The Bude Food Bank+ has been our chosen charity this year. We’ve been stoked to have some of the families who use the food bank out for some SUP and surf fun with us at the end of the season, and we would be chuffed if you would consider making a donation as part of your Christmas gifting. It’s been a hard couple of years for so many but everyone should have a warm meal at Christmas, right?
Whatever you’re doing this Christmas, have a good one. Might catch you in the surf on Boxing Day! 🤙